On our blog for our lovely readers, a detailed encounter with the collections to be showcased at the prestigious PFDC Sunsilk Fashion week aka PSFW!
We have generated a casual chit chat with the designer for our readers to better understand the concept of a Fashion Show, their collection and the general trend of it all. Along with this some delicious images especially for our readers to enjoy whats coming!
- What does the Designer/Label wish to change in terms of trends with this collection.
* Studio S is looking to bring high art and ready to wear fashion together in this collection, thereby bringing an edge to a highly wearable line of clothing.
|Seher Tareen of Studio S|
- How does this collection define the growth of the label itself and it's market.
* This is the debut collection for ready to wear as well as fashion week! So it comes with a lot of excitement.
- Does having a Fashion Week/ Fashion Show really help?
* It is an extremely important platform for upcoming designers as it allows you to engage with a national audience.
- How important it is for an average woman to be able to buy a more commercial/wearable version of the collection pieces and how do you intend to do this.
* Ready to wear is a crucial part of the fashion industry, especially when it comes to the average woman with time constraints etc. This collection caters to that market.
|One of my favourite painting by Klimt 'The Kiss' from 1908.|
- As a team what are your goals when designing a collection.
* As the creative director of Studio S, I am always looking for the best form of artistic expression. The goal is to create a collection that I am passionate about, that has a strong point of view and clicks with the audience.
- 2 things that make editors go gaga for a collection.
* A strong vision and good execution. That is the perfect combination.
|I'm loving the fresh colours, especially yellow!|
- 2 things that make the average Pakistani girl go gaga for the collection.
* The wow factor combined with the element of practical comfort. Especially for a prêt collection.
- What is your inspiration for this collection and why?
* My inspiration for this collection comes from the Art Nouveau Movement of the early twentieth century and the select works of the great master Gustav Klimt. He is one of my favourite artists and it has been an absolute dream to bring his work to life through fashion.
- An essential item for a summer wardrobe?
* A statement jacket. Stylish, dramatic and versatile.
- How important is Social Media/ Bloggers pre, during and post these events.
* It is quickly becoming the most relevant medium of communication; it is fast and far- reaching, it is the future!
- Your two thoughts on StyleStripped.net.
* Style stripped is a treat for designers and a treasure trove for its viewers!