Here's starting from today the tradition that has been on our blog for our lovely readers, a detailed encounter with the collections to be showcased at the prestigious PFDC Sunsilk Fashion week aka PSFW!
We have generated a casual chit chat with the designer for our readers to better understand the concept of a Fashion Show, their collection and the general trend of it all. Along with this some delicious images especially for our readers to enjoy whats coming!
Here's what the talented Hina Butt of Teena has to say about her first encounter with Luxury pret at Fashion Week!
- What does the Designer/Label wish to change in terms of trends with this collection.
* Ideally we want to introduce a new trend of how different art forms can interrelate and how the cultural and rich civilisation of our home land can be translate into fashion.
|Detailed jackets and capes feature cutwork in blues and white|
- How does this collection define the growth of the label itself and it's market.
* Our label’s philosophy has always been creating ensembles for masses, hence our price ranges are also very affordable. This PSFW we are aiming it changing this and are designing a collection for a niche segment. In terms of business development and sales, we do very well all over Pakistan but this time around we thought of getting out of our comfort zone
- Does having a Fashion Week/ Fashion Show really help?
* Yes it does, Fashion Shows are a cornerstone to the growth and learning opportunities not only for budding designers but experience ones as well.
- How important it is for an average woman to be able to buy a more commercial/wearable version of the collection pieces and how do you intend to do this.
* I believe that fashion shows are just an exaggerated version of the designer’s vision and idea. It’s not necessary that you wear the exact ensemble of the ramp but fashionistas today pay more attention to identifying key trends from ramps and then fusing them with their own individual styles. Our label’s philosophy rests on providing practical and wearable fashion, so we take pride in owning that our ensembles can be wore right off the ramp.
- As a team what are your goals when designing a collection.
* Elegance and Affordability
- 2 things that make editors go gaga for a collection.
* I think it has to be creativity, unique design aesthetics and the element of surprise on the ramp.
- 2 things that make the average Pakistani girl go gaga for the collection.
* Colours and Cuts
|Blue and White dominate the collection in terms of colour|
* The collection is inspired by the distinct white and blue pottery in particular from Multan. Multan has a mystical blend of cultural heritage. The color palette, patterns for embroidery and prints are extracted from the hand painted pottery of the region. It is during my travel to Multan few months back that I discovered our culturally rich and mystical Multan is, specially the hand painted pottey of the region so we though why not translate this into fashion.
|The prints are beautiful and give the collection an International feel|
- An essential item for a summer wardrobe?
* A pair of denims and a white top, summers in Lahore are literary unbearable.
|The perfect dress was a Summer Evening|
- How important is Social Media/ Bloggers pre, during and post these events.
* Very important, with the growing trend of patrons becoming tech savvy, online media has become very important, especially for the fashion industry, to reach out to its target audiences.
- Your two thoughts on StyleStripped.net.
* I think its brilliant platform, there are very blogs/webpages where so much attention in paid to detailing and most importantly the layout is so organised! Great Work