Here's starting from today the tradition that has been on our blog for our lovely readers, a detailed encounter with the collections to be showcased at the prestigious PFDC Sunsilk Fashion week aka PSFW!
We have generated a casual chit chat with the designer for our readers to better understand the concept of a Fashion Show, their collection and the general trend of it all. Along with this some delicious images especially for our readers to enjoy whats coming!
|Shades of orange (burnt, coral and fresh) against monochrome give a very International feel.|
Here's what Maria B, A Veteran of the Fashion Industry had to say:
- What does the Designer/Label wish to change in terms of trends with this collection.
* I wanted to hi light the laid back narrative of fashion lately, whether it be in street fashion or fashion weeks internationally, I love it and my clothes pay homage to this silhouette primarily!
|Maria B's colourful printed fabrics will be adorned with these ethnic tassels.|
- How does this collection define the growth of the label itself and it's market.
* Maria b has 9 brands now.... And this collection is more Luxury Pret. I'm in my comfort zone of wearability and retail acceptance along with a creative spin on the cuts, prints and silhouette with this collection.
- Does having a Fashion Week/ Fashion Show really help?
* It really helps in upping the game creativity-wise. In terms of business, not as much because we are already an established brand ... Having said that, its a great platform for upcoming designers.
- How important it is for an average woman to be able to buy a more commercial/wearable version of the collection pieces and how do you intend to do this.
* It is of UTMOST importance to my brand, as this collection will hit the racks across pakistan at Maria B stores in 3 months!
- As a team what are your goals when designing a collection.
* It should get us excited, challenge us creatively and make us push our boundaries in everything from fabrics/ cuts and prints.
- 2 things that make editors go gaga for a collection.
* cuts and creativity
- 2 things that make the average Pakistani girl go gaga for the collection.
* wearability and affordability.
|The sketches have a sense of freedom , ease and extreme confidence.|
- What is your inspiration for this collection and why?
* Its something close to my heart... My ancestral land of kashmir. I researched our native land which I cannot visit as a pakistani and discovered Ladakh. Their central asian influences and boho culture was a treat to explore...
|Mood Boards boast of kashmiri carpets and wood work.|
- An essential item for a summer wardrobe?
* Cropped cigarette pants
- How important is Social Media/ Bloggers pre, during and post these events.
* extremely vital.. Social media is the next frontier
- Your two thoughts on StyleStripped.net.
* It's Happening and it matters.
We are grateful to Maria B for sharing this beautiful journey with StyleStripped.net readers!
Stay Tuned for more designer showcases pre PSFW 2014!